ARTICLE 1: PREAMBLE
Its purpose is to expose the users of the site:
- How their personal data is collected and processed. All data that can identify a user must be considered as personal data. This includes the first and last name, age, postal address, e-mail address, location of the user or his IP address;
- What are the users’ rights regarding this data;
- Who is responsible for processing the personal data collected and processed;
- To whom this data is transmitted;
- Eventually, the site’s policy regarding “cookies” files.
ARTICLE 2: GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF DATA COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
In accordance with the provisions of Article 5 of the European Regulation 2016/679, the collection and processing of data of users of the site respect the following principles:
- Legality, fairness and transparency: data can only be collected and processed with the consent of the user who owns the data. Whenever personal data is collected, the user will be informed that his data is being collected, and for what purpose his data is being collected;
- Limited purposes: the collection and processing of data is carried out to meet one or more of the purposes set out in these terms and conditions;
- Minimization of data collection and processing: only the data necessary for the proper execution of the objectives pursued by the site are collected;
- Data retention reduced in time: data is kept for a limited period of time, of which the user is informed. When this information cannot be provided, the user is informed of the criteria used to determine the retention period;
- Integrity and confidentiality of collected and processed data: the data controller undertakes to guarantee the integrity and confidentiality of the data collected.
In order to be lawful, and in accordance with the requirements of Article 6 of the European Regulation 2016/679, the collection and processing of personal data may only take place if they comply with at least one of the conditions listed below:
- The user has expressly consented to the processing;
- The processing is necessary for the proper fulfilment of a contract;
- The processing responds to a legal obligation;
- The processing is necessary to safeguard the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person;
- The processing can be explained by a necessity linked to the execution of a mission of public interest or the exercise of public authority;
- The processing and collection of personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate and private interests pursued by the controller or by a third party.
ARTICLE 3: PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED AND PROCESSED IN THE CONTEXT OF NAVIGATION ON THE SITE
A. Data collected and processed and method of collection
The personal data collected on the puzzle-effects.com website are the first name, the name, the age, the postal address, the e-mail address, the location and the IP address of the user.
These data are collected when the user browses, buys, leaves a comment or asks a question on the site.
In addition, when a payment is made on the site, a proof of the transaction including the order form and the invoice will be kept in the computer systems of the site editor.
The person in charge of the treatment will preserve in its computer systems of the site and in reasonable conditions of safety the whole of the collected data for a duration of: going from 11 months for the cookies to 10 years for the accounting information.
The collection and processing of data are used to process and ship orders, respond to requests sent. They are also used for statistical and commercial purposes.
The data processing carried out is based on the legal bases of the RGPD.
B. Transmission of data to third parties
The personal data collected by the site are not transmitted to any third party, and are only processed by the site editor.
C. Data hosting
The puzzle-effects.com website and the collected data are hosted by, whose headquarters are located at
ARTICLE 4: DATA CONTROLLER
A. The data controller
The data controller is Mr Florian Leca. He can be contacted by e-mail at the following address: email@example.com.
He is responsible for determining the purposes and means of processing personal data.
B. Obligations of the data controller
The data controller undertakes to protect the personal data collected, not to transmit them to third parties without the user’s knowledge and to respect the purposes for which the data was collected.
The site has an SSL certificate to ensure that the information and data transfer through the site is secure.
An SSL certificate (“Secure Socket Layer” Certificate) is intended to secure the data exchanged between the user and the site.
In addition, the data controller undertakes to notify the user in the event of rectification or deletion of the data, unless this would entail disproportionate formalities, costs and steps for the user.
In the event that the integrity, confidentiality or security of the user’s personal data is compromised, the data controller undertakes to inform the user by any means.
ARTICLE 5: USER'S RIGHTS
In accordance with the regulations concerning the processing of personal data, the user has the following rights.
In order for the data controller to comply with the user’s request, the user is obliged to provide the data controller with his/her name, surname and e-mail address.
The data controller is obliged to respond to the user within a maximum of 30 days.
A. Presentation of the user’s rights regarding data collection and processing
a. Right of access, rectification and deletion
The user can learn about, update, modify or request the deletion of his data by sending an e-mail to the data controller, specifying the subject of his request.
If he/she has one, the user has the right to request the deletion of his/her personal space by sending an e-mail to the data controller. The request will be processed within 10 working days.
b. Right to data portability
c. Right to limit and oppose data processing
The user has the right to request the limitation of or to object to the processing of his/her data by the site, without the site being able to refuse, unless it can be shown that there are legitimate and compelling reasons, which can override the interests and rights and freedoms of the user.
In order to request the limitation of the processing of his/her data or to formulate an objection to the processing of his/her data, the user must make a request to the data controller.
d. Right not to be subjected to a decision based exclusively on an automated process
In accordance with the provisions of Regulation 2016/679, the user has the right not to be subject to a decision based exclusively on an automated process if the decision produces legal effects concerning him or her, or significantly affects him or her in a similar way.
e. Right to determine the fate of data after death
The user is reminded that he/she can organize what should be the fate of his/her collected and processed data if he/she dies, according to the law n°2016-1321 of October 7, 2016.
f. Right to refer to the competent supervisory authority
In the event that the data controller decides not to respond to the user’s request, and the user wishes to contest this decision, or if he/she believes that one of the rights listed above has been infringed, he/she is entitled to refer the matter to the CNIL (Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés, www.cnil.fr/en/home) or any competent judge.
B. Personal data of minors
In accordance with the provisions of Article 8 of the European Regulation 2016/679 and the French Data Protection Act, only minors aged 15 years or older may consent to the processing of their personal data.
If the user is a minor under the age of 15, the consent of a legal representative will be required in order for personal data to be collected and processed.
The site editor reserves the right to verify by any means that the user is over 15 years of age, or that he/she has obtained the consent of a legal representative before browsing the site.
ARTICLE 6: USE OF "COOKIE" FILES
The site uses “cookie” techniques.
A “cookie” is a small file (less than 4 kb), stored by the site on the user’s hard drive, containing information about the user’s browsing habits.
These files allow the site to process statistics and information on traffic, to facilitate navigation and to improve the service for the user’s comfort.
For the use of “cookies” files involving the storage and analysis of personal data, the user’s consent is necessarily requested.
This consent of the user is considered valid for a maximum period of 6 months. At the end of this period, the site will again request the user’s permission to save “cookies” files on his or her hard drive.
Cookies that are not essential to the operation of the site are only deposited on the user’s terminal after having obtained his consent. The user can withdraw his consent at any time via the cookie settings page.
More generally, the user is informed that he/she can oppose the recording of these “cookies” files by configuring his/her browser software.
For information, the user can find at the following addresses the steps to follow in order to configure his navigation software to oppose the recording of “cookies” files:
- Internet Explorer : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
In the case where the user decides to deactivate the “cookies” files, he will be able to continue his navigation on the site. However, any dysfunction of the site caused by this manipulation could not be considered as being due to the editor of the site.
The site editor reserves the right to modify it in order to ensure its conformity with the law in force.